Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home...

So, here I am. Finally taking the plunge into the blogging world after admiring and reading my friends blogs for so long. It's mildly intimidating for some reason, but I've decided I needed a place to log the miles on my journey...where I'm going, where I've been, and how I came to be who I am. It's been a long road, and yet it's only just begun. I'm still deciding if this will be for my eyes only, or if I want to open myself up enough to make it's existence known. If you are reading this right now it's because I've taken a big step...feel free to congratulate me ; )
I'm a people pleaser...always have been. I hide the parts of me that I think others will disapprove of, disagree with, be disappointed in. I'm kind of a chameleon in that way, preferring to just blend in with my current surroundings. Most people who know me, know I love ladybugs. They are so sweet just flitting around, not hurting anyone, tending to the gardens they come across and simply being all they were created to be. What's not to love about that? They may be tiny, but they don't blend in. Bright red, black spots, there for all the world to see in whatever tiny space they are taking up at the moment. I'm always one to look for a deeper meaning, and I'm wondering if maybe there's something to be said for being more like a ladybug than a chameleon. Now, face to face I'm sure my chameleon side will continue to surface...old habits are hard to break. But in the world of the written word something makes me feel free to spread my ladybug wings and fly...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on opening yourself up. I loved reading your blog about becoming a christian and this ladybug story. It all gave me goosebumps. I just love ya Traci! Love Kel