Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Simple Pleasures...

I cannot begin to express how much I adore spring! Everything seems enriched to me this time of year. Today I took my kids to our small-town local library, then we headed to our neighboring little town for a lunch of home-made fried chicken at the Corner Cafe and a trip to the antique and consignment stores. We had so much fun just taking our leisurly time meandering here and there, enjoying the spring air. We chatted with the locals a bit and met a few friendly people who happened to cross paths with. My son showed everyone who would listen his Spiderman web-shooter, and my little toddler daughter kept saying "hi" to everyone we met. She carried around a little plastic Goofy money bank at the anique store repeating "Goof! Goof!" as proud as can be. My son exclaimed, "Look momma! A squisher thing" when he found a bin of old wooden rolling pins. It was one of those days where you just enjoy *being*, revelling in your surroundings and in the pleasure of the company you are blessed to be accompanied by. I have determined to make more moments like these a part of my life's journey. We have to purpose to make the most of the time we've been given. After all...we may never pass this way again.

No comments: